Survival knives are among the necessities when it comes to being outdoors especially in the wild. They often come in handy and can be used in many different ways. They are used in skinning or preparing food, they can also be used to set up shelter and at times presents useful when danger strikes. With its many uses, it is therefore considered necessary to own a survival knife since as the name implies, it can be very useful for survival. Furthermore, carrying one handy may also be helpful when you have emergencies. There are many survival knives out there but just like any other equipment, quality should never be sacrifice. There may be designs which are very cheap or are too cool or stylish but the quality of the knife itself might be inferior. It is important to consider several factors and balance them in order to choose the most suitable one for you and your style. Listed below are three of the best survival knives in the market.
Schrade SCHF9 Extreme Survival Knife
This survival knife from Schrade was actually made popular because of its simplicity and usefulness. The very simple and regular looking design makes the usage easy as well. There are no complications at all but it is indeed useful in so many ways.
- This is also made with the best quality materials. Its blade alone is made with 1095 high carbon steel drop point blade. This is considered to be one of the best types of steel and is also one of the most durable. This can easily weather drastic environment and elements making sure it can last for a long time even with constant exposure to corrosive and destructive elements.
- This also features a ring textured TPE handle slabs with a lanyard hole in case you would like to tie it around for easier access and convenience.
- Hthis also comes with a ballistic belt sheath for your safety and a removable storage pouch and lanyard.
- The blade has a length of 6.4 inches while its handle length is 5.7 inches. Therefore, this has an overall length of 12.1 inches only and weighs around one pound. This is very light so it is very convenient to bring it along when going on outdoor activities like hiking and camping.
- This knife is recommended for both professional level and recreational level use.
Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife
This Morakniv Bushcraft survival knife is a very popular design since it not just good but it is also multi-functional. This features a unique Morakniv fire starter which yields around 7000 strikes an produces around 3000 degrees sparks so you are very well-equipped for a long time. This is also waterproof so even when wet, you can sill use it. This fixed blade knife has a blades size of 1/8 inches and is made with thick carbon steel blade with an anti-corrosive black coating. This is a very important feature as corrosion is the number one problem among survival knives. This also comes with an ergonomic handle with high-friction rubber grip. Lastly, this comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
Blade Mate Survival Knives
This survival knife from Blade Mate is quite the perfect knife as it is multi-functional. This can be used a seatbelt cutter and steel-tipped glass breaker which is perfect for emergencies. This is crafted with razor sharp stainless steel Tanto blade with a serrated edge. This can easily be used for personal protection an sawing and slicing as well. This offers a 3.5 inch blade made strong with alloy for corrosion prevention.
USA Defenders Tactical Survival Knife
This tactical survival knife from USA defenders is actually multi-purpose and is used in different ways. This ultimate black knife showcases a unique, modern and yet simple design which a lot of people both men and women alike find really appealing. This features a razor sharp top of the line stainless steel blade complemented by the highest quality synthetic grip. These two were perfectly forged together in order to create this survival knife with the highest craftsmanship. One other feature which users find really interesting is it is very lightweight and yet it is heavy duty. This is often used with numerous outdoor activities like hunting. Additionally, this features a saw tooth back which is perfect in shaving off tree branches.
Elite Survival Bowie Knife
When it comes to simplicity, this Elite survival bowie knife is indeed a good example. This comes in a night black color with a total length of 12 inches. This is relatively the perfect size with its blade made with 7 ½ inch black anodized stainless steel. This material ensures that it will be very useful as it can cut through anything/. This also comes with both a lanyard and a sheath.